Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer Road Trip 2009

Well hi everyone! We are kicking off my blogging of our Cox Family Summer Road Trip for 2009!! The very happy family you see above - John, MA, Rachel & Stephen - has left our hot city called Houston, Texas, in our Road Warrior - Jeep Wrangler - in search of cooler temps and a relaxing couple of weeks doing fun things like fishing, hiking, and jeeping!

ROAD TRIP 2009

Picture 2

Colorado here we come!!!

Day 1

Day 1 has taken us tonight to to our first night's stay in Boerne, TX with my parents. Mom & Dad graciously allowed us to bunk down here for the night. My husband's grand plan is to get up and be OUT of the house by 5:00 am!! I was hoping to maybe make it until 6:00 am... but no, we're starting off from Boerne, TX to Roswell, NM for Day #2. It'll be REALLY hot along this part of the trip so the earlier we do it, I guess the better. I'm hoping my body will agree tomorrow morning. Perhaps it'll take a lot of coffee to get that done.

So.. we're off!! Pictures to come tomorrow and each and every day afterwards! Come along with us!!

Later,
MA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to have missed you this a.m.
Have a great trip and we'll see you in about 10 days.
Meme

Betsy said...

WOO HOO!! ROAD TRIP! Can't wait to hear what time you got on the road this morning. LOL (go John!!) I remember a summer trip to Kansas when we drove all night instead of the daytime to get away from the heat (and to keep my brother and I from fighting! ha)

May your travels be safe and the time fun!

Stacey said...

Tell Rach to keep feeling sorry or those of us who get up by 515am...HA! Heard y'all this am but was too lazy to get dressed early enough to say bye....have a safe trip!!! Will you make me a road trip thingy????