Sunday, July 19, 2009

Day 4 - Albuquerque to Lake Vallecito, CO

We’ve made it to Durango - or rather, Lake Vallecito, CO!! It’s cooling off quite nicely right now at 8:30 pm. Nice breeze going through the cabin cooling everything off. Feels really GREAT!!

While we don’t have cell phone coverage currently, someone around us has wireless service that is not locked!! So... we’re pirating internet usage which is allowing us to have some intermittent wireless service which makes communication with the outside world possible.

The teenager isn’t happy about the no cell phone coverage. :-) She just insists her friends are going to think she fell off the earth!

Not too many pictures today to add to our trip today... Here are a couple!

DAY 4

Electronics Count
As I mentioned on my last post, the Cox family goes no where without some electronic something or another. The game was to guess what types of electronics we brought and in some cases, how many of each of those types.

So far, my sister Stacey, has made a suggestion in the comments from the last post. You are close, Stacey! Not quite it though. But, when thinking about this list - we are way too technologically connected. :-)

Here you go..... so far, we’ve counted 21 items (amended to be 24)

2 laptop computers
1 PSP
1 Flypen
3 cell phones
1 Blackberry
2 GPS devices (car and handheld)
1 Satellite radio
1 Satellite radio receiver
3 Cameras (2 P&S digitals, my 50D)
4 Camera Lenses
1 Video Camera
1 Hair Straightener (for the teenager, cause mine is oh so straight ALWAYS)

PS - amended on Mon as I forgot a couple!! told you I would.
3 Ipods
1 Kindle


I’m not altogether sure that’s all either!!

Ok - we’re done for tonight. Tired really. Hungry too. John the Great is fixing us dinner. More tomorrow!!

MA

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea-you're settled for a bit. Remember when you go to Mesa Verde that I want one (or 2) of the laminated type Mesa Verde bookmarks from the gift shop. They were hanging near the register when we were there.. Thanks so much. Have a great day and can't wait to hear what you do. Ask PAK about the name of the wonderful pizza place. Hugs, Meme

Lynn said...

You bring wonderful memories to mind as I follow your trip in God's country. :D Colorado is the greatest! I may just do a blog entry on my last trip to Mesa Verde including the photo sitting on my desk.