Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 14 - Almont, CO - July 30, 2009

Darn it!! Darn it!! Darn it!!!

This is our last FULL day here in this beautiful country before we start heading back to Texas!! I wouldn't mind this kind of life all the time..... just fishing, playing, relaxing... whatever... all the time!! Hmmmm.... guess I should keep buying those lottery tickets then huh.

Ok - enough of the "Sorry for me" stuff. Below is one of my favorite pictures of this trip (and I have a lot of favorites).  This is summer stuff here.  Picture of my youngest niece, Allie.
 


The Stinky Boys are still up in the high country roughin it and should be back later today.   I'm sure they'll be stinky when they all return.

I caught a really good size trout yesterday - bigger than all the others so far and we'll see what the Stinky Boys bring home.

Rachel and I are leaving in 30 minutes to go on a river raft trip on Class III/IV rapids. I'm really not sure why I let her talk me into this. It's been a long... long... time since I've ridden on rapids like this. She's very, very excited .... I'm a little bit nervous actually. Just hoping I don't end up in the 40 degree water is all I have to say.

I'll fill you in when I'm back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mary Austin and family,

I am about worn out just reading of all the good times you all are having. Great pictures by the way.
Who caught the biggest fish?
My money would be on pop!
The real fly fisherman.

Mary Austin, you have got to let John hear this:

go to this website:

http://www.the9513.com/george-strait-el-rey/

scroll down and and that bottom it has listen: george strait el rey

John is not a real die hard George Strait fan, but I have to give George a little credit he does better than okay on this, I've heard wannabe mariachis not do it this well.

So does that mean we have good taste in music and it took George a while to catch up to us? LOL

Well you all have a safe trip back and enjoy every ounce of the vacation you have left.

Say hello to Rachel and Stephen, mom and pop, oh and John as well.

Be safe, God Bless you and all your family.

Mary-Austin said...

Rene - It's a good thing we're almost done with this vacation then isn't it!! Wouldn't want to wear you out!! :-)

Glad you are enjoying the pics and the stories. I'll reveal who caught the biggest fish later tonight.

Will let John hear this link - not sure what he'll say about George Strait. I like George though. :-)