Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 15 - Almont, CO - July 31, 2009

River Rafting Pictures from yesterday!!

Yes - it was REALLY cold water.

No - we did not fall in the river although there were a couple of times that it was very, very close. It was a very fun, fun ride.  The river has calmed down now from it's originally III+/IV rating rapids.  It's now Class II/III+ rapids.  Still possible to fall over board but luckily for us - a little less.

We had a great guide named Adam who is Ski Patrol in the winter here at CB.

Adventure thrill loving Rachel rode "The Bull"!  She sat up front with her feet hanging over the front of the raft with a guy (Scott from Denver) holding on to her life jacket.  She rode like this through a rapid called "The Last Chance".  Here are the pics - funny!  I'm in the back on the right keeping a close eye on her.  She's so adventurous!  I am just trying to hang on for dear life.

River Rafting
The Boys all returned from their fabulous Guys Trip to the land of nowhere. It was quite rustic. John is trying to figure out how to talk me into going.  HA HA HA HA HA ... shouldn't have brought pictures.  I told him perhaps he and Rene should take a week and go up next summer.   I'll stay home with my indoor plumbing.

I have lots of pictures to compile and will do that on our long drive back into Texas tonight as well as a post about their trip while I have them captive in the car for a few hours today.

One hint - our Trout dinner last night was supplemented with chili dogs!!! :-)

Off to pack up now to start heading back to Texas!!

MA

2 comments:

Lynn said...

You looked like you were have soooooo much fun! I am so jealous....I have wanted to do a white water run so bad; but when and where we were in Colorado, the water was down due to drought. One of these days, though, I'll get to do it -- it is on my bucket list. lol

Terri and Jim Ziegler said...

YEAH! - you two look like you had such a great time!!
The whole trip looks wonderful. Say Hi to everyone and be safe driving back.
Terri