Saturday, April 4, 2009

Camera Practice - Oh My!!

I bought a new camera lens today!!  Canon 50mm f 1.4 prime lens.  It's INCREDIBLE!!  I had a 50mm f 1.8 which I thought was good, but this one is amazing.  I popped it on the camera and set out to the backyard to take some pictures.  Check them out below.

I am taking a photography class from an amazing lady - Karen Russell.  I just LOVE her pictures and her teaching style!!  It started last Monday and next week, we really get into the nuts and bolts and assignments!!  I can't wait!!  I just know I'm going to learn a lot.  I have some knowledge and every time I focus on my photography, I learn something new that I can remember and put into my pictures.  10 weeks of practicing and learning... bring it on!

Don't forget to read my post below and help support Rachel in her MS150 ride from Houston to Austin!!  


The bee was helping my blackberries along.....

Pretty Wildflowers.....


Same Bee......

More to come.... 

4 comments:

Lynn said...

These pictures are fab-U-lous!

Anonymous said...

great pictures, darling

Mary-Austin said...

Thank you!!

Stacey said...

Awesome...maybe some day you can teach me how to use my "it's so easy even a monkey can use it " camera!