Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Sunday!

It's Super Bowl Sunday!!  We watched the Cardinals play the Steelers in SuperBowl 43!!  It's actually been a pretty good game!!!  The Steelers won becoming the first NFL team to win 6 Super Bowl Games!!  I also won a bit of money tonight :-)

I wasn't sure we'd be watching this game tonight given the Dallas Cowboys aren't in it and John really hasn't been interested in watching much football since their loss in December.

Last night we had a little get together with some friends - lots of John's friends from school and a few work friends from my side as well.  It was a lot of fun!!  I have some pictures to post hopefully later tonight or perhaps tomorrow.    I think there were about 28 people here.  John cooked some wonderful tacos al pastor, fideo (mexican spaghetti) and charro beans!!  Everyone brought some really good food to go with it - we had queso, cream cheese and candied jalepenos (which were so yummy), queso with corn, fabulous roasted pepper green salsa and Chuy's green dip!!  Doesn't even mention the great cookies, brownies, and cakes!  Wow... we had a good food spread!!   All that great food needed some really good drinks to go with it so we had John's famous margaritas, wine, and lots of other beverages of choice!   After all the food... we managed to hang out by a warm fire!  I had the provisions for smores, but I don't think anyone really wanted to go to the trouble!  

We pulled out the Guitar Hero and since there were no teenagers around to beat the mess out of us all, we had a good time trying to play these songs on the guitar and drums!!

Rachel is a little sickly today!  It looks like she may have caught the bug that's going around the school.  She may be staying home tomorrow!!  Guess we'll have to see.

We're heading to Vancouver, Canada, next weekend!!  More to come on that as the week progresses!!  Very fun!

Have a great Monday!!

MA

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I feel full reading about the food. And, I can't remember when I last had smores...think I'll pick up the ingredients for a surprise dessert sometime this week.

Hope your family is back to good health soon.

Stacey said...

Sounds super yummy!!!Y'all need to visit soon, I'm craving John's cooking!!!