Thursday, February 5, 2009

Birthday Installment #3

Ok - so, wow... it's been a busy but fun day at the Cox House!

I have pictures.... some great pictures!!  I'm just having some technical difficulties in uploading them and it's late... and I need to get some sleep.  So.. the pictures will just have to come later.

A few notes before we get to the end of the birthday celebration for this evening.

John DID GO to his doctor's appointment today (as opposed to the last appointment he canceled when I wasn't looking).  And gee, guess what??  Amazingly there IS something wrong with his knee!!  Wow.. what a revelation given it's consistent habit of swelling with small moves the wrong way!!  Typical He Man that he is!!    Anyway... the doctor believes he has a torn meniscus and probably will require some type of surgery to fix it.  However, he first has to have an MRI to see precisely what the problem is before that occurs.  Unless there is something really bad, my guess is John will have the surgery immediately following the end of the school year in May.  It's probably a little impractical to have it during the school year.

Back to MY BIRTHDAY celebration.... our final event of the day centered around, yes, you guessed it, more food!!!  LOL... John had made reservations at this really wonderful steakhouse called Killen's Restaurant which is very small but has some fabulous steaks and a very reasonable wine list.  He was a smart boy and made the reservations for a little later which helped me even get close to being hungry again from all the prior "celebrations" earlier in the day!!  LOL... I will tell you though, we shared a fabulous tomato, mozzarella & basil salad, ahi tuna appetizer and I went with a ribeye and John with Lamb.  YUMMY!!!  Have a really great Australian Shiraz wine from Wolf Blass Private Label which tasted a little more like a cab but with spices.  Didn't have room for dessert but the restaurant sent me home with a bread pudding on the house!!  John had also baked my favorite cake which is yellow cake with chocolate frosting.  Didn't eat a bite yet!!   Toooooo fullllll!!!   

As for gifts, this was a really light gift year and I purposefully told John not to spend much money.  I truly don't need anything.  He bought me a really pretty pair of majorica pearl earrings though!!  They are very delicate and very pretty.  The kids made some sweet cards and a few little gifts.  

All in all - this has been a wonderful birthday!!  

Going to bed now!!!

MA

No comments: