Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sickness in the House!!!

Well, we've finally done it... gone and caught some sickness from someone somewhere!!  Try to so hard to avoid it all each year!!  

Rachel came home with something that looks and acts a lot like the flu bug.  High fevers, chills, aches and pains, sore throat, head stuffiness.  Luckily... no nausea etc.  But.. she does feel bad!! My poor little baby!!  Her Mama is staying home to help keep her medicated, hydrated and hear about her misery...   

Trying real hard to not catch it either!!  John and I have a flight on Friday evening and I.DO.NOT.WANT. TO.BE.SICK!!

Ok - so let's talk about Facebook for a moment!!   If you had asked me a year ago, heck, even 6 months ago, if I ever thought I'd be on Facebook, both of my sisters would be on Facebook, even my 65 year old Mother would be on Facebook, I would have asked what planet do you hail from!!  Seriously.... who would have thought!!   But... guess what!! They ARE ALL on Facebook!! For various reasons, but on it nonetheless.  I had a conversation with a client the other day and we were talking about this Facebook phenomenon which started with college kids and has just grown to be a HUGE social network used for communication for groups as well as just plain silliness. One of my colleagues made the comment that their child would never be on Facebook.  Oh... mais non!  They will be my friend - just you wait!!  (and so might you, I might add).

My sister and my mom joined primarily because they are a part of a group that decided to make Facebook their primary method for communication of group events!  Instead of the good ole email distribution lists we are all so fond of!  Nope... you won't know what movie the group is going to see or where or when if you don't join the group on Facebook!!  Sort of makes it necessary at that point if you want a social life.   Other adults get on here for reasons such as mine - I got on here for one reason - to track my little chickadee who is on Facebook and keep an eye on her "friends"!  :-)   Something very important to do with younger adults!  Make sure they understand what information is ok to share, what isn't.    Colleges, Employers all check Facebook now when looking at Applications to try to determine your personal character - ie your beliefs, your friends, thoughts, etc. 

However... I now have 30+ friends on here.  It amazed me to find relatives (cousins/aunt), high school friends, college friends, neighborhood friends, work friends all out Facebook hanging out chatting with each other or reconnecting!  Some people I literally have not spoken to or seen in gee, about 24 years now!!  Kind of wild I think.     I think Facebook has certainly passed the generational boundaries of young age and transcended into a tool used by all generations for connect to one another!  Wonder what they will come up with next!!  

Look me up on Facebook!! 

Back to check on the sickie!!  Have a great day today!!

MA

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Ok, out comes one of my home remedies: go to a Central Market, a Whole Foods, or a nearby health food store; get a little bottle of pure essential oil of thyme; put a few drops in a diffuser, i.e., anything that can have a tea light candle placed under it.

The thyme molecules will be pickup by the air conditioning/heating system and circulated throughout the house. The thyme kills germs.

Lynn said...

I think I've gotten the idea for my next blog subject: home remedies. :D

Stacey said...

tell Rach I'm sooo sorry she is sick, no fun!!!