Thursday, February 5, 2009

Birthday Installment #2!

So... now we're at Birthday Installment #2 'cause the birthday Day just keeps on getting better!!  I have pictures to go with some of this BUT I cannot put my hands on the little card reader to read the camera card!!  Not sure where it has gone or why, but when I find it, I'll update the pictures.

I think the story of today is really best told so far by the food!!  Truly...

Survived the really great breakfast this morning cooked by Chef John!!  (see post below for description).  Made it to work nice and full and caffeinated by my coffee in the car.  Yes.. for those who know my addiction to Starbucks is legendary, know that I'm actually only hitting Starbucks an average of 1 time a week right now!!  YEP!!!  I'm in the saving money mode and having coffee made at home does save you money.....   so.. we're moving on now....

Get to work... working away.... my friend Huong comes in to talk to me (she was supposed to be on vacation today too...) and hmmm... I start hearing voices that I know gathering just down the hallway that aren't normally on my floor.... hmmmm... wondering if Huong was sent in to be the staller... hmmmm.... i'm thinking, while she's talking to me,  I wonder what they are up to?  And yes.... they were planning.... suddenly several of my friends (Lisa, Huong, John, Sally, Priscilla, Kevin and Geoff) show up in my office with what I consider to be THE BEST POUND CAKE in the world made by Sally!!    She really does make this fabulous Pound Cake and for years, I haven't been up on her floor to be able to grab a piece at the special times she makes it.  It just so happened, a few weeks back she had made one for John's birthday and Huong brought us some to try (cause she didn't know the history like I know the history) and I just knew from looking at it that it was one of Sally's special cakes!!  I've been around there for a lot longer then these youngsters, so I know these things!!  Lisa and Huong took notice of my excitement to have a piece of Sally's fabulous Pound Cake and proceed to request her assistance in making one for MY birthday!!  Well done my friends!!  Well done!!  It was wonderful.   Cake at 10:00 am.... yummy!! yummy!!


NEXT  --- again, centering around food!!  :-)   Our Ladies Who Lunch group - includes myself, Linda, Connie, Karen, and Kristi - provided another treat for today.  A birthday celebration lunch at our comfort food mexican place - Spanish Flowers!  It was a road trip (which just simply means we actually get in a car and drive somewhere outside of the immediate downtown area) and of course, it was yummy!!   I picked something on the light side because holy moly... by this time, there really isn't much room left in my stomach!!!  Enjoyed the company immensely as usual!!

The afternoon was really a blur... did a lot of work!!  John and I figured out where we were going to go this weekend.....

Blair House Inn in Wimberley, TX   looks fabulous.... I love a good B&B!!  Unfortunately, the really great 5 course dinner is booked for Saturday night, but hopefully, with a cancellation, we might get in!!  Doesn't matter though... it looks to be a beautiful place and I'm sure we'll enjoy ourselves!!  Check it out here....www.blairhouseinn.com  

Next .... DINNER!!!  More to come!!

MA


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Sounds like you're having a fantastic birthday! Happy, happy birthday!

-Perry