Thursday, February 5, 2009

It's MY Birthday!!! (and I'll cry if I want to....)

Ha ha ... just like that song!!  No crying here... well, at least not yet anyway!!  The day is still early ....

BUT - it's my 42nd Birthday!!  Wowzer... perhaps I should have stopped counting at 29!  Then it would be the 13th Anniversary of my 29th Birthday!!  :-)

We started my birthday a little early since the kids will be out with their Dad tonight, we had a family dinner at our favorite mexican restaurant, Los Ramirez, last night!  Even the sickie (Rachel) was feeling well enough and no fever to be able to go along.  Didn't eat much, but she was there and that's all that mattered!!

This morning I was greeted with coffee and a fabulous home cooked breakfast by my wonderful husband - eggs, chorizo, potatos, tortillas, bacon...   We all were ready to go by 7 am so we could have breakfast together today!!  That was really special!!

We were supposed to go to Vancouver this weekend for a pre-conference trip to celebrate my birthday, but unfortunately, the conference was cancelled at the last minute, so alas, our trip was cancelled as well.  We're working on some alternative plans so stay tuned for what we come up with.

Have to run now.. take Rachel back to school for the first day this week (YAY) and me off to work.  John has (finally) an appointment this morning with the orthopedic to take a look at his knee so that's moving forward as well!!

Later!!  

Birthday Girl!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy birthday!! It sounds like you've really a good start on the day - my mouth is watering with what was on the menu.

Sorry about the trip cancellation but I'll bet something much better comes up. :D

Take care and God bless.

Stacey said...

Happy birthday!!! Sorry about Vancouver. Glad to hear Rach is well enough to go back to school...let us know about John;s knee.