Tuesday, September 30, 2008

John is Amazing!!



John is my hero!! He decided it would be easier for everyone if he helped make the kids lunches the night before now. The kids just weren't getting it done very well on a consistent basis so to take some stress out of all of our mornings, he just decided he'd take care of it. Perhaps you wonder hmmm... "Their mom could be doing it??" Sure I could.... but I'm a slacker and he's more organized than me. :-) Nah.. he's just that wonderful! The kids are pretty pleased as well and do take the time to thank him for making their lunches - as they should!! (THANK YOU JOHN!!)

This is a lovely picture of Rachel trying to do her Algebra 2 Homework tonight! I'm bugging her snapping a few pictures. (MOOOOOM! What are you doing?) We should let her get back to studying because SHE REALLY NEEDS TO STUDY! If you can't tell, Alg 2 isn't going all that well generally. For those following our fun Alg moments.. she scored a 90 on the last test. Not bad and apparently the 2nd best grade in all her classes. Not sure I believe that. It was just chapter 1!! Chapter 2 test on Friday. Joy!

This is just our normal nights. The kitchen table is transformed into the homework table each and every day/evening. Sometimes I wonder if we need another table nearby to designate as the "homework table". It sure would make it easier since eventually each day we have to clear off this table so perhaps we can have a meal! The kids moan and groan about it each and every time. Rachel is usually the one staying up late working on her homework. Stephen will usually finish his before dinner. Whether it's right or not is a different story.

Our Lake Charles trip this past weekend was a nice break from the norm. John's best friend, Rene and his wife Janie decided to meet us there for the evening. We played blackjack and various slots. Unfortunately, none of us ended our trip on a winning note, but we did have fun playing and enjoying each other's company. The lady next to us on one of the penny slots won something above $1,500!! On the PENNY slots!! Geez.... I kept wanting her to just push a little luck my way.

Of course... the other big news is the financial stability of our country. I suppose you can call this newsworthy!! The Bailout plan, that the media reported was all but a sure thing over the weekend, did not pass through the House on Monday. Citibank announced early Monday morning they were buying Wachovia for $1 share. Truly amazing. Unfortunately, the stock market responded to the various news with a dizzying 777 point slide on Monday. I was afraid to look at my 401K. It regained 485 on Tuesday. I'm lucky to work for Wells Fargo and while I can't say much on my blog about my company, it is the best financial institution in the US and I'm blessed to be working there. While I'm not terribly sad to see one of my competitors (Wachovia) fall, watching all this upheaval in the markets is a bit stressful. It's hard as a normal everyday person to really understand the ramifications of the government passing a Bailout Plan vs. letting the free market right itself eventually. Ultimately, time will tell which way it goes and the extent of our ultimate punishments for the wrong decisions made by both lenders & borrowers.

Later!
MA

No comments: