Sunday, June 7, 2009

Summer Camp is Swell.....

IMG_1458
Today was the big day.... the first day of camp for Stephen at OUTBACK ... Pine Cove Christian’s camp for 3 - 9th graders in Colombus, TX. (For more info about Pinecove camps click HERE, they are really, really fun with a great message about God and Jesus).

Stephen has been looking forward to these next two weeks since last summer when he asked us to please, please, pretty please pre-register him for two weeks this summer! It’s THAT much fun!!

What do they do, you ask???

Archery/BB Guns....Swimming....Blog.....Hydroplane....Zip Line.....Climbing Wall...Lake Shalom... Orienteering... Low Ropes... Creation Station.... RC Cars... Horses.... Hockey... Dancing...Pickleball ... Baseball... Basketball... Flag Football...

Worship/Message time.... Good food......

Have fun at THEME NIGHTS - like Jumpin Jivin Jersey Night; Bubble Bash Blowout, Operation Infiltration and more....

I want to go to CAMP!!! He is going to have so... so... much fun.

As usual... I took pictures of course. I’m not overly happy with my pictures and after my photography class (which ended today) I think my problem is I need to slow down a bit, but sometimes taking candid’s don’t let you slow down the action. I just need to get better at putting all the pieces together very quickly I suppose to capture everything the way I’d like. I like some of them...

ALL the pictures are in the Flickr Gallery HERE, but my favorites are below:

IMG_1468
The Camp is on Papa Bear Ln - if you think real hard about that, it’s a pretty cool name for a Christian camp....

IMG_1416
We got there today at 2:30 ... the gate doesn’t open until 3:30.... we weren’t the first in line at the gate as you can see. Apparently, according to Stephen, you really have to get there early to get the good bunks and get the swim test over quickly before the line gets too long!! So... we got there early.

IMG_1417
PineCove is so great!! They sent out the counselors on horses to say “hi” to the kids out waiting to get inside. Their horses are so sweet and calm.

IMG_1425
Once the gates open, cars stream in and are met by singing, chanting and jumping counselors all greeting you!! Then, they meet you at your car and help you get the trunks out and will take care of them for you directing you to take just the light stuff and your swimming stuff up to your cabin and get checked in.
(Rachel thought this guy was a cutie)

IMG_1427
Doesn’t he just look so happy? He’s been bouncing all day ready to go ....

IMG_1435v1
Rest assured, since we were here so early, he was the first kid into his cabin - Wollogong 3!! He got the bunk he wanted.

IMG_1440
Off to the Swim Test ....

IMG_1448v1
Post Swim Test Fun on the Big Slide.....

IMG_1453
On our way out I spotted the Camp Store. Just take a look at the menu! I know where Stephen’s camp money will be going....

IMG_1436v1
Just another happy camper picture!!

We’ll see you Saturday Stephen!! Have a bunch of FUN!! I’m so glad you love going to Camp!

Love, Mom

No comments: