Saturday, January 24, 2009

Letter to my kids....

Last week when our country inaugurated our 44th President of the United States of America, there were a lot of thoughts rolling around in my head that I wanted to write about it, but couldn't get out of my head into written words. Luckily, I have a very bright and talented younger sister who did just that in a very sweet letter to her children on her blog and her words were exactly what I wanted to say to my own kids!! She has so graciously allowed me to copy her thoughts into my blog so they are captured here to be read now and provide memories for later. Thank you Stacey for letting me use your very captivating words!!

******************Letter to my precious kids ***************************

It has been my intention and hope since I started this family blog to capture moments in time for you to look back on and remember when you are older; memories of your childhood days. Today was one of those moments that will be remembered for many, many years to come. Today our county inaugurated our 44th president, Barack Obama. Not only is he our 44th president, but he is the first African-American President to EVER be elected. It no longer matters which candidate I voted for, this is my president and your president. As you grow up and learn about politics yourselves, you will find that there are few, if any, politicians that you will agree with 100% of the time. There may be one political party that is more in line with what you believe but even within that party, there are differences of opinion. My advice to you is this, pray. Pray hard. Know what you believe about the issues and then vote according to those beliefs. Seek your answers from scripture and Godly people in your lives, people who seek their guidance from Jesus.

Here is Barack Obama taking the oath of office and becoming the 44th president of the United State of America.


President Obama placed his hand on the same Bible that President Lincoln used at his inauguration. The last phrase that President Obama said was " So help me God". There are people in this country who fought to have that last phrase regarding God taken out of the oath of office. That is very scary to me.


There were record numbers of people who traveled from all over the country and the world to see Barack Obama become the president.


President Bush made this "transition of power" one of the smoothest of all times. Regardless of what some say, President Bush led this country and made decisions based on what he believed. He did not make decisions according to opinion polls. He had some tough decisions to make during his presidency too! Regardless of whether I agreed with everything, I am very grateful for the way he led and loved on the people of this country during those dark days after Sept. 11, 2001. Job well done. And kids, do you know that he loves Jesus? That is why he does not regret any of the decisions he made. He followed what he felt the Lord was leading him to do. That is all you can do.



Kids, you my wonder why I am writing all of this. I just want you to know that we have the greatest county in the world. We are able to choose our leaders and have more freedoms than you (and I) realize. Please remember to pray for the leaders of this country. Even the ones that you may not vote for. Pray that God will work miracles in their lives and hearts and that they will seek His will in leading our country. God is ALWAYS in control...he knows what decisions we are going to make before we make them. He gives us free will....choose to seek Him...life won't always be perfect...but with Jesus by your side...wow... some of my all time favorite scriptures are on the cross that sits on my nightstand. I read it everyday. Each of you have seen it. It reads like this "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope....when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. I will be found by you," says the Lord....."I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you." Jeremiah 29:11-13 and Psalm 32:8.

So my dear ones, seek Him, let him guide you. It will be the best decision you will EVER make. I love each of you so very much! Love, Mom
**********************************************************************************
Thank you Aunt Stacey!!
MA

2 comments:

Stacey said...

well said, couldn't have said it better if I had written it myself....oh wait...:-) ha! Give big hugs to my precious niece (who ignored me on facebook by the way!) and nephew!!!

Stacey said...

what is this 'twitter' thing that I see you (and tons of other people) are doing??