Sunday, January 18, 2009

By Golly - I figured it out at CVS!!!

***UPDATE *** on Baby Harper

Baby Harper is stable but still in VERY critical condition. Please continue to keep her, her new mommy (Kelly) and her new daddy (Scott) in your prayers for healing.

Check out Kelly's Blog for continued updates.

****************************************************************************

Headline should read this .....

Got $82.17 worth of goods for only $5.61 after coupons, ECB's & rebates!! TRULY!!

Yep.. I did!! It only took me about 2 hours this morning to figure out a plan for how to do this today. Hoping it'll get easier in the future. The other thing I determined is I will either have to do this on Saturday's (and try to find the info) or wait a day or so. They didn't have quite everything I wanted to get today having sold out already. But.. nevertheless.. I did extremely well for my first stab at this.

First thing you should know is you WILL have to expend some $$ on your first trip there. How many $$ is up to you, but if you plan it right, it's like an investment into a LOT of SAVINGS in the future.

Here's what I bought today:

Transaction #1

Pepsi Deal (Buy $20 of product, receive $10 ECB PLUS there is a $15 Rebate offered) ( We don't normally drink much soda and usually not Pepsi products, but we're having a party in two weeks so this works for this)
(4) Pepsi assorted 12 packs (4/$12)
(2) Pepsi assorted 2L bottles(4/$5 0r $1.25 each = $2.50)
(2) Chips (Lays/Tostitos) (2/$6)
Total: $20.50
Extra Doritos (cause I didn't realize they weren't part of this deal) - $3.99

CVS 10mg Loratadine Allergy Relief - 5 Ct Normally $4.29/Sale $3.79/Get $3.79 ECB

Neutrogena Shampoo Products (Buy $15 product/Get $5 ECB)
(2) TGel Shampoos (Normally $7.25/Sale $4.99/$2 Coupon x2)
(2) Triple Moisture Shampoos (Normally $7.25/Sale $4.99/$2 Coupon x2)
Value: (Normally $29/Sale Price$19.96 Less $Coupons $8.00 = $11.96; Get $5 ECB = $6.96 value)

Excedrin Express Gels (20-24 count) Normally $4.99/Sale $1.99/$2 Coupon = FREE
Excedrin Express Gels (20-24 count) Normaly $4.99/Sale $1.99/$2 Coupon = FREE

Cheezit Crackers Bonus Value Twin Pack - 2 10oz boxes (Normally $6.99/Sale $6.00/Get $3.00 ECB)

American Greeting Cards Buy 3 Cards/Get $3 ECB I bought 3 - $.99 cards = FREE


Transaction #2
CVS 10mg Loratadine Allergy Relief - 5 Ct Normally $4.29/Sale $3.79/Used $3.79 ECB from prior transaction/Got another $3.79 ECB = MADE $3.79 on the deal.

GRAND TOTALS:

Product Priced Normally: $82.17
Sales Price: $64.98
Less Manufacturer Coupons: $12.00
Used ECB's: $3.79
Out of Pocket (1st Trip): 49.19
Earned ECBs: $28.58
Rebates Received: $15.00

Total Cost of Trip: $5.61

I mean ... COME ON... that's amazing!!! AND... we will use everything I bought!!

Two things I couldn't get that I'm going to check back later in the week - Cottenelle TP and AXE Shampoo. In theory, if I find the coupons for the AXE deal, I could do it 5 times and have a lot of really free shampoo for Stephen for awhile.

OK - so I bet you really wanna know how to do this now don't ya???

Click on the link on the right to MoneySavingMom blog or click here. She's got a lot of great info on CVS (and lots of other things) out there about how to maximize this program for your benefit. I'm happy to answer questions, just remember, I'm just beginning.....

The other really great site to help you match up coupons with sales is The Grocery Game.com. You have to pay for this service but it is very reasonable and you can pick what stores you wish to see. This saves me time which is limited in my life. If you sign up, please put me as your referral source!!

If you need to see this in spreadsheet form, just let me know and I can send it to you. I'm an Excel person so that makes the most sense to me.

Stay tuned for next week......

MA

1 comment:

Lynn said...

The Grocery Game girls don't have anything over you! :D It is hard to believe that you paid $5+ for about $85 in merchandise. It is truly amazing.

I did the Grocery Game for about three months but it did not seem to pay off for me. One reason is there are only two of us and another reason is I did not truly try. lol

Congratulations for doing so well!