Friday, November 7, 2008

Now... my issues.....

Ok - so I haven't blogged about this yet because I was taking it all in ..... and trying not to get alarmed (not that it worked that well). Long story short - numbness in right hand/fingers, muscle weakness, pain/burning sensations in my right arm led me to an orthopedic with thoughts I had some repetitive motion problem in my right arm and as I previously blogged - believed the issue to be ulnar instability. He sent me to a neurologist to have a nerve test on that arm. Between the two appointments (which were about 3 weeks apart), I started having numbness in my left hand/fingers as well as on Monday, on my face, primarily on the right side and a little speech slurring as well. Tuesday roles around and it's time for my nerve test with the neurologist. I proceeded to tell her about all these occurrences and few other oddities I've experienced lately. She performed the nerve testing on my right hand/arm, left hand/arm and neck. She told me that she did not see any pinched nerve indications that would explain the numbness, etc. She decided I needed further testing ...... a brain MRI with and without contrast and a cervical spine MRI without contrast. I know she's trying to rule out some greater nervous system issues and hopefully, she will.

Tonight is the MRI - 6 pm. They are going to give me an IV sedation and I'm not sure if that's for my benefit with claustrophobia or if it's necessary for the test. I just hope to sleep well during the whole thing!! I don't expect to hear any results until my appointment with the neuro next Weds morning. So.... we'll just have this lovely waiting game for a few more days.

All prayers accepted!! Truly.... I do know God is guiding the doctor's in finding the reasons for my symptoms. My only prayer is that God directs vision to a clear issue so we can resolve it - whatever it may be. The one thing I really am afraid of is going through all this testing and getting a "you're fine" or "we don't know what it is" answer. I know I'm not dreaming this stuff up as I've got much better things to do with my time than go through all this!! Having an answer like that would just make you think you're crazy........

MA

1 comment:

Stacey said...

We've been praying....glad your test went ok. Wish I could have started your IV so you didn't have to go through that 4 times, I'm pretty good at it actually.Will continue to pray for your peace of mind until results are in next week.