Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Mama got a new computer!!!


I did it!! I've been wanting a new computer for a Looooonnnnnnggggg time and have been stewing about which one and how much and this and that for awhile. We've been a house with several computers that have one by one bit the dust leaving us with one computer to share amongst us all - an older laptop that works ok for general use. However, the kids use it, I use it, John uses it..... it gets a lot of workout! I used to have a really nice desktop that a friend built for me about 5 years ago ... but after kids got to it and somehow managed to leave it with viruses galore, the computer really started having problems. First mistake - allowing a kid anywhere near it. Anyhoo.... water under the bridge (or rather computer).
I decided Sunday that I wanted my very own computer again :-) Fry's had a good deal on 17" Sony Vaio laptop with 4GB RAM, 400 GB Hard Drive, 2.4Ghz processor, etc., BluRay disk player, etc. etc. I walked out of there with a new toy!!! I've had fun setting it up (with password protection to keep the children off of it!)
Mine... Mine.... Mine....... they are lucky to even get to gaze upon such a fabulous computer!! No child fingertips allowed to touch. :-)
Next trick.... keep John from changing my window background to a Dallas Cowboys motif of some kind. Came in last night and found myself staring at Tony Romo on MY computer.....hmpf..... it's now back to a beautiful and peaceful landscape picture!! Not sure what he didn't understand about "Mine.... Mine..... Mine......."!!!! :-) Maybe I need to strengthen that password .....

1 comment:

Stacey said...

ha-ha-ha...just like a man....