Saturday, November 15, 2008

2008 Nutcracker Market


Gotta love my job & our beautiful Stagecoach!! It's a tough gig to host 25 or so customers to a day of shopping, brunch including wine and cheese, and a Macy's fashion show! I tell ya... it's rough job, but I suppose someone has to do it (and that someone might as well be me!!) :-) (Pictured in front of our Stagecoach - Irma, MA & Connie)

For the last several years, Wells Fargo has been a supporter of the Nutcracker Market here in Houston which is a holiday event put on by the Houston Ballet Foundation to supports it's scholarship and academy programs. It's held at the Reliant Center over 4 days and sees nearly 65,000 people (mostly women) descend to shop the over 300 national and international merchants! Saks and Macy's hold fashion shows & luncheons on Thurs and Friday respectively for which many corporate sponsors and just groups of women buy tables and attend. I know many people who plan a day off for that Thursday or Friday and come as groups to shop for the holiday, sample interesting food items and have a few well placed cocktails throughout! It's a fun time and really for me, has somewhat become a "kickoff" of the holiday season. Holiday music is playing throughout the center and you are treated to all the neat decorations and lots of groups singing and playing throughout the day. It's hard NOTt to get in the Christmas mood when you're there! You'd have to be Scrooge.....

If you are a sponsor or purchase tickets to the fashion shows, you are lucky and get entry to the market a full hours before the regular public entry which is a lifesaver! You can get in and get what you need (if you have something in mind) and not have to fight the crowds. I'm not much of a crowd person and rarely is there something I want badly enough to fight my way through people and stand in long lines. I tend to have something in mind I want and go straight for it at 9 am! This year I had a mission! I have one wall in my dining room that needed some larger pieces to help fill it up. There is a vendor that is at the market every year - Paul Michael - that typically has neat wall iron pieces that aren't too expensive. They are in the very, very back of the market every year which is where I went first thing! I got the pieces I wanted by 9:15 am and then just got to browse through the rest of it!!!
PS - this was Post #2 for today - don't miss the one before this capturing the delightful story of "CrAzY"!!! Oh... and Friendswood won their first playoff game last night ..... which means another game next weekend. Fun. Fun.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Do you want to trade jobs????