Tuesday, November 11, 2008

MRI Results - Part 1

I received a small snippet of the MRI results today very unexpectedly. The doctors office called me today - which when I saw the phone number, my heart stopped I'm sure of it. I just knew they were calling to tell me to high tail it over the hospital!! But... thank goodness, that was just my overactive imagination. They had my appointments all confused and they hadn't even received the results from my MRI last Friday night yet. They thought my MRI was still scheduled for tonight and were calling to move my appointment a day or so! Needless to say, I advised them my MRI was already done and perhaps they could get the results. I then asked if she would call me back and let me know (once they had reviewed them) if I needed to bring John with me to the appointment. Figured if they said "yes", I would have a clue about the severity of the news.

I held my breath (figuratively) until she called back. Tried to work, but was awfully distracted. Finally, she called back and said she could tell me the results of the MRI tests. Brain MRI was normal - Thank you Jesus! Neck MRI was not normal - I apparently have a herniated disc and arthritis. She said the doctor would give me more details tomorrow and that she wants to make a surgical referral. That's all the info I received! No more details for my detail oriented mind. There are lots of questions and I hope most will be answered tomorrow. John's coming with me so that I don't forget to ask questions and he can hear everything she says!! That's why I love him!!

More info to come! Hopefully, this will now end the nights of dreaming of all the worst possible results!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

glad the results are what they are, and not something else. Yeah, maybe having surgery will stink...if it comes to that, but it could've been a lot worse.