Wednesday, November 12, 2008

MRI Results - Part 2

John & I met with Dr. LeBas today and she went through the results of the MRI in greater detail. She also gave me a copy for my records. Basically, C3-4 & C4-5 have some degenerative changes flattening the disc sac but is not in contact with the cord as of yet. C5-6 & C6-7 both have disc protusions (i.e. herniated discs) into the spinal cord and nerve roots ... i.e. the source of my numbness and pain in my arms. The interesting thing is the MRI says it should be occuring on my left side, but it's my right side with most all the issues. Weird....

Diagnosis: Disc Herniations with Arthritis. She gave me a sheet with information about Cervical Spondylosis and Arthritis of the neck. Apparently, it also goes by osteoarthritis of the neck or degenerative disc disease.

Treatment Plan: Physical Therapy 3x a week for 6 weeks. Hopes are this will help to resolve most of this issues of numbness and pain. If not, the next step will be an appointment with a surgeon for further evaluation/treatment plans.

Not Resolved yet: Face numbness and dizziness. Dr. LeBas didn't think this was related to the neck issues or just couldn't be explained by anything seen on the MRI. The face numbness has resolved as of now. She'd like me to see an ENT doctor for further evaulation.

Good news is no brain issues!!! YAY~!!!

No comments: