Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

IMG_0925 edited
Happy Mothers Day to my Mom and to all my friends who are Mom’s!

It’s a been a good Mother’s Day weekend around the Cox house. Flowers from John started earlier in the week. Ariane & Laila followed it up with some beautiful tulips delivered yesterday!! Thank you so much ladies! You make me feel very special.

Stephen, Rachel and John gave me two presents that had been on my wishlist.

A Wacom Intuos Tablet
IMG_0886

A Slice Scrapbook Die Cutter

IMG_0884

Went to lunch today back to the Villa Capri Italian Restaurant on Clear Lake where John and I were married last July and where we spent last Mother’s Day!
IMG_0892

We did a lot of work out in the garden this weekend - yes, that includes me too! The weeds (nut grass) has found it’s way into my beds. Weeding is a pain in the batookus!! But, it had to be done before the weeds took over my pepper plants. We also had to put up a structure to put the netting around to keep the birds away from all the fabulous green tomatos that are about to turn red in the next week or two. I’m so excited!! But... I didn’t want to have to fight the birds again so we had to put up a structure this weekend. It’s done!

Harvested two yellow squash and one tomato yesterday and they were quite yummy!!

Saturday night was spent at a Wine Study Session for my friend Michelle who will be taking her sommelier exams this week. One of the four tests involves a blind testing of lots of different wines and she has to identify them to pass the test! So... in an attempt to give her some practice, her good friends gave of their time and taste buds to show up for good wine and food! All in the interest of helping Michelle pass this test this week... yea... that’s it. We did have a great time and I do hope she passes!
Anthony & Sean were great hosts who made fabulous food and have a beautiful place! Check out some pictures below and in the link to the whole set on Flickr.

IMG_0843
Michelle

IMG_0869

The other pictures are here.....
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maryaustincox/sets/72157617958234868/

Finally uploaded the birthday pictures to Flickr as well. Click here to go to the link or click on the right for my picture link to all the pictures!

Hope everyone has a great week!


Just a great picture of Stephen I couldn't pass up posting!!
IMG_0894

Love MA

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day!!! Cute pics....

Anonymous said...

What is that notebook thing? Looks interesting. Love the pic of SRH! So glad that you had a great day.
Meme