Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy Birthday to John!!!

TODAY (10/21) is John's 43rd Birthday!! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to You! Happy Birthday to Jooooohhhhhhnnnnnn! Happy Birthday to you!!

We love you and hope you have a wonderfully happy birthday celebration!! (Pictures to come!)


***********************************
Prior to John's Fabulous Birthday......

It was another busy week last week capped off by a medical issue for MA. Alright.. my reason (excuse) for not keeping my blog up last week was due to the fact that I am having elbow and hand problems on my right arm. Numbness in my fingers and throbbing/burning in my arm - kind of like your hand is asleep and you can't wake it up but more annoying. It gets worse working on my computer with my arms bent. It's been an intermittant problem on occasion before but lasted only a day and went away. This time it hasn't gone away for several days. Making it difficult to do my job right now. Went to see a Ortho, Dr. Holt, who diagnosed it as Ulnar Instability and gave me an elbow brace to wear mostly at night but whenever I need to force my arm to stay straight which causes the least amount of compression of the nerve. Apparently, my ulnar nerve doesn't exactly stay in the same place but rather enjoys moving around and becoming compressed when I bend my elbow. Isn't that fun. I'm supposed to go and have an EMG nerve test this week sometime to determine to what extent there is damage to the nerve. More news to come.

Friday night - Rachel marched in the game and I took video of the whole thing. Well, I thought I took video of the whole show. When they finished, somehow (hmmmm) there was no video. I could kick myself as I must not have pressed the RECORD button at the beginning. Held my arm up in that position for 15 minutes...... darn the luck.

Saturday - Rachel did not march in the competition, but unfortunately, had to spend another entire day (8 am to 11:30 pm) doing something she was not involved with directly. She missed the homecoming dance which was a bummer. Friendswood placed 4th in the Lonestar Preview.

Stephen spent Saturday selling popcorn to unsuspecting folks at the Lowes here in Webster. Apparently, he may have found a natural skill of selling. Apparently, of the $1200 dollars they earned between 10 -2 on Saturday, he's responsible for about 1/3 of it all by himself. He was very good at approaching people, explaining what they were selling and how it benefited the Scouts and asking for the sale. Who knew??

Sunday - well, Sunday was a bummer around here. We unfortunately had to watch every disappointing play the Dallas Cowboys made on Sunday against the St. Louis Rams. I had originally considered getting tickets and taking John to St. Louis this weekend to watch that game in person for his birthday. In hindsight, it's a VERY good thing that didn't transpire as their loss was awful to watch. John just went to bed afterwards..... if that tells you how he was feeling about it.

However - the good news... in the battle of the football picks, John and I tied this weekend, but I'm still ahead overall -
MA: 62% Winning Average; 5 Winning Weeks
John: 50% Winning Average; 1 Winning Week

Later!!
MA

1 comment:

Stacey said...

happy birthday John....sorry about the 'boys....we wondered how you were handling it. Hope your arm feels better soon MA, that stinks!!