Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1, 2009

Happy Holidays everyone!! Hard to believe it's already December!! The next 24 days before Christmas are filled with decorating, great christmas music, events, concerts, and all sorts of other festivities!

My first task of the holiday season was to give my blog a festive holiday update! Let it Snow!! Not that we get a whole lot of snow here in Houston, TX, but we've seen a bit here and there the last few years. The forecasters here today are even saying we might see some snow on Friday! We'll have to wait and see if it actually happens!! I like seeing a little bit of snow. Not sure if I'd want to really have to actually live and work in it regularly though.

Our weather here is so wacky though so we'll be looking at potential snow on Friday and back into the 70's soon thereafter. That's why we always have to have both seasons of clothes in our closets and flip flops nearby. It just doesn't stay one way or another for us in the "winter"!! LOL

Here's the lyrics for a song that gets played here in Houston during this time of year by our wonderful Christian radio station - KSBJ.

http://www.myspace.com/brandedtheduo for the link to the music; look on the right side in the box, may have to scroll down

White Christmases in Houston by Branded

If you dream of horse-drawn carriages
Dashing through the snow;
Before you move to Texas
There's something you should know...

That they don't have White Christmases in Houston.
I've lived here most my life and I should know.
I've prayed and I've pleaded for way too many years
But they just don't have White Christmases down here.

I've heard of winter carnivals in Aspen.
It looks just like a winter wonderland.
But remember while you're freezin' throughout this Christmas season
We'll be down here with Christmas cheer and flip-flops in the sand.

I've seen all those Christmas shows on TV.
Blankets of white powder; my, how grand!
But while you've got snow and holly, I'm feastin' on tamales;
Sittin' on my back porch with an iced tea in my hand.

That they don't have White Christmases in Houston.
I've lived here most my life and I should know.
I've prayed and I've pleaded for way too many years
But they just don't have White Christmases down here.

Hope your December 1st has been happy!

MA

1 comment:

Lynn said...

First off.........love the Christmas header. Secondly, I've never heard or seen the words to that song; however, as an ex-Houstonian, I love it.

God bless.