Thursday, November 26, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!


Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

I am truly thankful this year for many people, places and things!
  • Loving family - My husband, John and Rachel, Stephen, Ariane, Laila & Justin
  • My parents, Austin & Walter, my sisters, Perry & Stacey, and my nieces & nephew - Macie, Holley, Allie & Scott
  • Thankful for my friends!
  • Thankful for our health this year and the availability to choose our own medical care. We've relied on access to great doctors and hospitals this year. Pray that doesn't go away with a government run option.
  • Thankful for our jobs and abilities to earn a living to provide for our family & children without a great deal of worry.
  • Thankful for our service men and women who are out there every day trying to fight for our country. Praying for their safety and security!
  • Thankful for coffee, cheese & chocolate!! My favorite "C's".
  • Thankful for a husband who cooks, cleans and otherwise keeps us organized! (of course, I have to leave extra early for cowboy games in exchange!)
Where are you spending your Thanksgiving today? With whom?

I'm up in Dallas spending my Thanksgiving Day with John, Laila & Justin currently sitting in the 45 degrees with my coffee in Blue Lot 15 tailgating for the Oakland v. Dallas Thanksgiving Day Game. On tap for Thanksgiving lunch is Ham, Turkey, Stuffing, Mashed Potatos and gravy, mac & cheese, and pecan pie! All very expertly cooked/warmed on a Old Smokey Grill. Along with bloody mary's & beer. Game time = 3:15 pm. Yes, we were here at the parking lot at 9:00 am with many, many other people!! After the Dallas game comes the Longhorn v. Aggie game this evening!! Football... bring it on!

Here is a question for you to consider! I am hoping if you are a member of my family, you will join in with answers to this question! However, would love for anyone to join if they'd like.

What are 10 of your most simplest pleasures in life?

Mine -

1) Coffee w/half-n-half
2) Quiet house with taped DVR programs to watch
3) My fabulous MACbook Pro
4) Mobile broadband access
5) Watching the kids march or play ball
6) Sitting outside on a Friday evening grilling & sipping some wine
7) Reading a good book on my Kindle
8) Chocolate Kiss - dark chocolate of course
9) Driving in my Jeep with the top down.... going anywhere
10) Time to scrapbook and write.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

MA & John



3 comments:

Stacey said...

after 37 years you still spell my name wrong??? what's up with that???

Mary-Austin said...

Huh... I have no idea what you are talking about? Looks right to me??

Anonymous said...

From Meme:
1 - husband of 45 years
2 - airconditioning
3 - Kindle
4 - that I was born in US
5 - Jesus
6 - motherhood & grandmotherhood
7 - lots of water to drink
8 - good healthcare (at the moment!)
9 - my home
10 - my new computer!