Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas Trivia 2009

Love the Holidays E1

Thought I'd take a moment to update the blog with a trivia exercise!!

CHRISTMAS TRADITIONS TRIVIA

Did you shop early this Christmas? ummm... not unless you count 12/6 as early. :-) I wish I could get myself into gear and get it done earlier, but it just happens this way almost every year. Maybe someday....

Are you using wrapping paper or gift bags this year? I use a combination of both depending on the size/type of gift... and what I have on hand.

Plans for your Christmas Table colour-scheme? Typically, my table is red and green.

When do you put up the tree? Usually, I try to put the tree up the first weekend in December. BUT.... this year, it'll be the second weekend! :-) Sometimes, if I'm really rockin the Christmas spirit, there will be TWO trees~!! Doesn't even match my friend Betsy who has 10 (YES, TEN) trees in her house.

Is your tree different each year or is it always the same? Pretty much always the same.

Does it have a particular colour scheme or theme? The main tree is always decorated similarly each year... lots of white lights (becoming less and less each year because it's my least favorite part of the tree decorating. We just put lots of our ornaments on the tree --- eclectic bunch of ornaments gathered over the years with no theme.

On those very rocking Christmas seasons when I put up the second tree, it's a Texas Western themed tree with all the Texas and cowboy ornaments. Very cute...

When do you think you’ll take it down? Really hope it's before February 1st this year. :-) ha ha ha.... now that it's a real one, it'll be down by then, but one year long ago when we had an artificial tree, it was still there on my birthday in February. LOL... yea.... i like taking the lights off it worse than putting them on the tree!

A real tree or an artificial one? It's been real ones for the last couple of years. Before then, it was artificial trees until it just couldn't be recovered and reshaped into a normal looking tree again! I like the real ones and the smell the best! No one is sneezing yet, so I guess we can keep doing the real ones for awhile!

Can you remember your favourite Christmas present you received as a child? A little red car

What’s on the menu for Christmas dinner? Not sure yet this year. My mom is cooking and all I know so far is the main entree is beef tenderloin! YUM YUM!!

What’s your favourite Christmas song/carol? Traditional Carol - O Holy Night by many artists, Pavarotti & Linda Eder are two of my favorites. More Modern Christmas Song - I Believe by Natalie Grant

What is your favourite ornament on your tree? I have many favorites... any that bring back great memories.

Have you got an unusual ornament? Not really... they are all pretty normal.

Do you hang lights up outside your house? Yes, we usually put some lights out around the trees and along the sidewalk. Occasionally, I get motivated to put them up along the actual roof line.

What’s your favourite part about Christmas time? Fun times spent with family playing games, putting together puzzles, and hanging out with each other over great meals!

What’s your worst part about Christmas time? The race to get everything done and bought.

Will there be snow or shine? Oh.. how I wish there would be snow on Christmas here. We're more likely to have the shine though. HOWEVER.... I just read on the Sci Guy's Blog at Chron.com that there is a little glimmer of potential hope that could bring cold and snow to Houston on or near Christmas!! That would be pretty cool!!

What would you like for Christmas? Not a lot this year... I've asked for an Epson Photo Scanner and a few other scrapbooking related items. I am so very blessed and really don't have a lot on my wish list this year other then time with my family.

Is your tree topper an angel or a star? Neither actually!! I put some pretty poinsettia's sticks up there. I never have found an angel or a star that I really loved.

OK - Who's NEXT?? I would love to hear from you.

Happy Weekend,
MA

No comments: