Wednesday, August 12, 2009

We're still here....

Just catching up with life right now.

Registration for Band happened on Saturday and I've had a lot of work inputting all the names etc. into the accounting system.  Takes quite awhile.

Work is busy - went to New Orleans today on business.  Luckily, I caught the earlier plane by an hour because as soon as I got in my car in Houston, the skies opened up with rain, hail, incredible lightning and thunder.  Could not even see in front of me and watched as the lightening took out several transformers right in front of me.  Yikes.... took over an hour to get home from Hobby Airport.  Normally, would have taken me 20 minutes.

Stephen has his Middle School orientation on Friday!!  Very exciting going into 7th Grade and a whole new school with new people to make friends with.   His new school has mandatory uniforms so had to go buy all the goods for him to wear. He's very excited about this year.  Prayers for a good year.  He starts school in a week - on the 19th.

Rachel doesn't start school until the 24th but she might have well have started on August 3 with Band that is noon  - 9 pm most every day.  She also decided she's dropping soccer and has decided to be a part of the Athletic Trainers.  Apparently, they love her in there so she went up and asked on Monday and voila, she's in.  Goes to show how often she's had to go in for ice packs, etc. while in soccer.  Why the change?  Well, she loves to play soccer and she plays pretty decently, but she's not probably going to ever make a varsity team.  She'd be happy to play on a junior varsity team all day long as long she is enjoying the game.   However, the soccer coach up at our high school is really a very mean lady - terrible to the girls, uninspiring, awful in my opinion.  The things she says and does to these kids is appalling to me and I'm not the one having to live through it, just listen to it.  Is it just my kid and this coach don't get a long?  No... after some of my own research, it's not that at all.  She's just that terrible to the kids and shouldn't even be there.  Why is she?  1 guess.... her teams keep winning.   

So, she's decided that she just doesn't want to deal with it any more.  I have to say I don't really blame her.  There isn't a thing she can do to make it better nor can I.  Now, she's just going to make friends with all the other athletes while helping them on the training side.... I'm not even sure what it means except that she has to be up at the school now 2 or 3 days a week in the mornings at 5:30 am to be able to help the football players during practice from 5:30 - 8:30 am.  :-0  Even earlier than band which is 6:00 am when school starts!!  

What's the countdown until she gets a driver's license????   80 days or so..... :-)

MA


2 comments:

Stacey said...

football players????!!!! Oh Geez!!! One more thing to worry about! Hopefully her long and early hours will leave her too exhausted to worry about the boys!

Lynn said...

How well I remember those count down days to a driver's license!