Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday, Friday, Friday.....

I can honestly say, I've never before been so happy to see a Friday!!  Wow.. what a week this has been.  

Going on vacation is great .... but really hard when you come back to catch up with your life, both personal and work.  

I came back to just about 1200 emails in my work email inbox.  That is insane.  Not too many of them have I just been able to hit delete and move on!  I've made it through about half of them this week along with all the new requests/questions/etc. coming in this week.  Holy smokes!!

Stephen had his cardiology appointment this week that we had been waiting for since June.  Great news and thank you Jesus, he's just fine.  Normal EKG yesterday.  The doc thinks his fainting may be due to not enough fluids and the fact he may have something similar to his sisters vasal vagal fainting  issues which, while not altogether normal, are not life threatening.    His heart is just fine.   We can start the meds again which is a good thing for him (and us).  However, the tough part is he's grown 2 inches and gained 5 pounds since we last measured him.  Off the meds, he's been eating so much better and his growth is showing it.  Hard to want to put him back on them, but he will need them for school.  It's a conundrum....

If I didn't mention it perhaps in May, I agreed to take on the volunteer position for this year in the Band Booster Club of Treasurer.  I may live to regret it.  We'll see.  This weekend will probably let me know.  This is the big Registration weekend where all 250+ families will come through tomorrow and have to check out with me and a few helpers.  I've had to prepare lots and lots and lots of stuff in order to get ready for this and then will have to enter and account for it all.   
Pray for patience and energy!!

Please pray for John and Rene this weekend.  They are over in Piedras Negras for their annual charity football game.  It's a bit dicey on the border towns right now so please pray for their safety and a good game.

Later!!
MA

No comments: