Friday, December 26, 2008

Leading up to Christmas.....


I'm backing up a little bit because we've skipped over some of the events that occurred before Christmas. I just ran out of time and energy to keep blogging during last week so have to catch up now. It may take me a few blogs to get us up to speed.

The week before Christmas held several band concerts and school christmas parties.

One in particular was Stephen's first ever band concert - the 6th Grade Band Concert! He plays the Euphonium. What is that, you ask? It basically looks like a mini tuba. He's doing very well with it.

There looks to be a lot of kids up on the stage and the really wild thing is that's only half of the 6th graders who signed up for the band here in Friendswood - 250+ kids! More than exists in the entire high school bands and more than can fit on any stage in Friendswood.

For those of you who were in band, do you remember what 6th grade band sounded like? Probably not - although I bet your parents do. In case you have forgotten, I have a video but it's bigger than the limit I can upload. I'm going to try to figure out how to edit it and then post. It's something to hear... :-)

No comments: