Monday, December 8, 2008

Just livin life....

Nothing much is going on with us right now besides the normal normal and working on Christmas stuff. Spent the better part of the weekend decorating the house - both the inside and outside! Rachel and Stephen were with their dad for the weekend so John and I just did what we wanted, slept late, and just enjoyed some quiet!

School is back in the swing after the Thanksgiving break with homework, tests and quizzes. Work is slowing down a little and I'm looking forward to my vacation starting the 19th!

High School Football is still going for us ..... Friendswood is STILL in the playoffs. Friendswood played Beaumont Central on Saturday evening and won again. Next game - Saturday, 12/13 in Bryan/College Station playing on the Aggie Field - Kyle Field at 2:00 pm against Lake Travis which I hear is ranked the #1 4A team in the State. They beat their most recent opponent 71 - 9 or something silly like that and their quarterback is going to UT (Our QBack is going to Tech). We'll see how Friendswood handles this!! Logistically, we're trying to figure out how we're going to swing this. Stephen has a Boy Scout service project this weekend helping distribute 10,000 wreaths on graves as a part of the Wreath's Across America project at the Veteran's Cemetery in Houston on Saturday morning/early afternoon.

Rachel had a follow up appointment with the Orthopedic today and will have to have another MRI next Monday (or earlier if a spot opens). I really hate it when I'm right ... and I was again. When they originally did her MRI, I asked the technician if he was going to be looking at her right scapula as well as the bilateral shoulders. He told me at that time that he wasn't - that the doctor didn't order it. I thought it was strange given that's where her pain was and really felt they should have done it at that time. However, the doctor had mentioned that sometimes an injury in the shoulder might cause the pain to be in the scapula. Who am I to know? I'm not the doctor (although that doesn't stop me from asking all the questions.) Well.... guess what??? Today at the doctor's Rachel explained there hasn't been any improvement since we were there last and when he gave her cortisone shots. So, he started to explain the next step would be to go into her shoulder with a scope to see what they could see. At that point, I felt it necessary to mention to him they did not perform a MRI of her scapula where the pain is and he thought they had. He reviewed the document again and it didn't specifically state they had so .... back we go for specific pictures of the right scapula!! He mentioned they wouldn't scope that area because it could make it worse. If nothing shows up on the MRI, the next step will be to see a pain guy to put in some nerve blocks to try to determine where the pain may be originating. Stay tuned!!

Tonight (after the doctor's appointment) we went and got our Christmas trees! We decided to go for live trees this year after our fake one died last year. I love the smell of real trees but in the past haven't bought them because Rachel was allergic to the one we bought a long time ago. I'm hoping she's grown out of it but I've got some Claritin on hand in case she hasn't!! :-) I'll post pictures at some point.

Did you notice I said "trees"! I bought two beautiful Noble Firs. One a lot taller than the other! A big one for our main tree in the family room and another smaller one for my fun Texas Tree in the study! I'll probably start putting the lights on the trees tomorrow and hopefully, Weds night we'll decorate the trees!

Thursday, Rachel and I are going to see Beth Moore at her Convergence Event with CeCe Winans and Travis Cottrell!! I'm very excited because I LOVE her messages!! I think Rachel will enjoy her as well!

For those of you who know.... John survived yesterday's defeat of the Cowboys! He didn't speak for a couple of hours and basically, went to sleep, but today's a new day and next Sunday is another game! We're praying for a win!

Later,
MA

1 comment:

Stacey said...

can't wait to see pics of the trees...and to hear about the MRI. Wish I was coming for Christmas with everyone.