Monday, December 22, 2008

December 22nd!! Only 3 days left!!!

It's getting closer!! We finally have some colder temperatures here to make it actually feel like Christmas should be coming closer. Unfortunately, as Houston weather goes, it won't last all the way to Christmas - even just 3 days!! LOL.... Wacky weather. We had snow earlier in December (a first!) and now, 3 days before Christmas, our high will not get above 45 degrees, yet on Christmas (in 3 days), we'll be close to 70! Gotta love Texas weather!

It's Monday --- I don't have to work... YIPPEE!!! John doesn't have to Teach!! YIPPEE! We have a few last minute things to pull together - well, John more than some of us! But, most of our wrapping is done and it's time to just enjoy this season.

We baked over the weekend - the kids and I. I'll post pictures afterwhile. Was fun and now we have lots of yummy treats for the week and our visitors. Monster cookies, Sand Tarts, Toffee Snickerdoodles, Roasted Pecans, Cheese Wafers and my Dad's famous, Paprika Cheese Roll!! Aren't you hungry now?

John and Rene froze their tooshies off up in Dallas Saturday night at the game. John said it was the coldest he's ever been with the wind. Unfortunately, Dallas didn't win the game so the last game at Texas Stadium didn't go out with a win. I'm so glad I wasn't there.

Our visitors begin showing up today and we're ready for them. All of us and the house!! My Mom and Dad are coming in later this afternoon. Laila and Justin are coming in late tonight and we'll see them tomorrow as well as Ariane and her beau, Stephen, tomorrow afternoon/evening. My sister Perry will then join us on Christmas Eve.

We will miss Stacey terribly and are sad she won't be able to join us this year, but she'll be delivering all those Christmas Eve & Christmas Day babies up at the hospital!! Are you wearing a christmas decoration for these deliveries??? Do you all have little Santa Hats to put on this precious little ones? Remember... when Rachel was born on Halloween, they nurse put a little halloween hat on her. It was so cute

More to come..... Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I'll miss being there too...I'll be decked out in my Christmas scrubs and wearing some reindeer antlers...don't know about santa hats...this is my first Christmas on this unit. We're pretty under financed being the inner city hospital with no pt's with insurance so I doubt if they'll have cute Christmas hats for the babies. It's a good idea though. Maybe I'll have to make some for next year!!!