Thursday, March 5, 2009

Is it Friday yet???

This has been a very busy week here.  Hardly have had time to breathe much less write a post.  Work has all of a sudden become very busy ... the a lot to do, running from appointment to appointment, working late at night ... kind of busy!!  My job sort of goes like that.  Spent the better part of the first two months of the year twiddling my thumbs and then poof.... we're off the races!!  It's good because I need some sales!!

Just has made for a stressful week though when you add that business to the rest of the home business, add TAKS tests, benchmarks, dentist appointments, parent chaperone meetings, and then the normal things like flute lessons, scouts, baseball and gee, I don't know, homework!  LOL... it's not busy!

Tuesday night I had the pleasure of going to the Parent Chaperone Meeting for the upcoming band trip to Orlando.  I left that meeting thinking "OH MY GOODNESS... WHAT have I gotten myself into??"  I don't know if they just take themselves so seriously or if there is reason to be so serious, but jiminy cricket... i'm a little overwhelmed by the schedule and the duties!!  The topper was when they informed us they had put 4 adult women in one room with 2 queen beds!!  :-)  That's when I pulled out my little ole credit card and made my own hotel reservation at the hotel for ONE!!  I was nervous thinking about sharing a room with one lady I don't know and had not met, but FOUR??  HUH??  I figure I'm doing them all a great service given my loud snoring and there's one less person to have to race to the restroom in the morning for a shower!!  

We got Stephen's scores back from the test he took on Saturday.  He did very well in Math and around average on the Reading/Language.  His formal interview is tomorrow morning at 8 am so say a few prayers that all goes well.  Well, maybe the prayers should be that God will let us know if this is the place where Stephen should go to school and an environment for him to be successful.  I trust God that everything will line up accordingly should this be the right path.

Rachel had her 2nd to last soccer game tonight and they won 2 - 1.  Rachel played goal keeper in the first half and blocked everything that came towards her.  She played on the field for the second half of the game.  I'm so glad she really loves soccer!! 

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Yippee- Woo-Hoo, yeah for Rach!!! And good job Stephn for doing GREAT on your test!! We'll be praying tomorrow....