Sunday, September 20, 2009

Where or Where has the Cox Family been? Where o where??

We’ve been here.

Last Sunday it began as a cough. Then a headache on Sunday night. I went to bed early really hoping that I wasn’t getting sick. Unfortunately, that indeed was the case. Woke up on Monday morning and added fever and body aches to the list of ailments. Yuck!!!

I haven’t been really sick - as in miss work too long sick - in a long, long time. I missed three days of work this week. Really couldn’t get out of bed for very long for three days. By Thursday, I was feeling more human approaching nomral, but still running a low fever. But, felt well enough to work from home both Thursday and Friday.

Felt much better by Friday, perhaps 85%, and even ventured out to the Friday night Friendswood Football Game against Nederland. Friendswood was victorious 42 - 7 I think. More importantly, was able to see Rachel performing in her her football training duties giving water to all those football players and then watch her march in the really fabulous Band show. It was really good. They performed Movements 1 - 4 of their show Converge and it was really good. Can’t wait to see Movement 5 and I hear it’s better than 1 - 4 all together! chop chop kiddos. First competition in two weeks.

Thank the Lord for my husband - he took care of everything and everyone this week while I was Miss Sicky. The kids did their thing... school and activities.

Stephen had a cross-country meet this weekend up in the Woodlands. I don’t have any pictures because I didn’t make the drive up there since they were with their Dad this weekend and it’s a really, really long way up there 6:30 am. However, I hear he improved on his time from the first meet by about 20 seconds which is fabulous! His run was 1.5 miles and he did it around 13 min 30 sec. Very proud of him!! He’s working so hard and pushing through all the new runner aches and pains. Good job my son!! Another race next weekend!

Last night, John hosted his annual New Teacher Meeting (aka Party) at our house. While this sounds all altruistic and such, it’s just an word play to make it through all the work filters and is actually a party for all the teachers.. not just the new ones. Wild party at that. They were here until about 2:00 am folks!! When was the last time I saw 2:00 am with people still awake at my house??? Um.... wait.... I can’t remember. Yea.. that long. As usual, my fabulous, wonderful, and amazing husband did all the prep work for this party - cooking, cleaning, shopping, etc. Me... I just sat here and ate bon bons all day. :-) Ok Ok ...lest you think I don’t do anything.....of course, I helped. :-) He cooked some absolutely fabulous BBQ last night - brisket, ribs, chicken and sausage. As well as his famously good beans. We have tons of left overs for the week which is wonderful as well!! Makes the evenings so much easier.

We had fun watching the Longhorns win over the Texas Tech Raiders!! YAY!! HOOK EM HORNS!! and then proceeded to attempt to play Guitar Hero!! It’s pretty funny watching the older folks playing the teen game. Began with just trying to figure out how to turn it all on and link up the guitars and went downhill from there... LOL

It’s Sunday ... so that means... it must be Dallas Cowboy time..... Dallas plays tonight in their Home Opener at their incredible new stadium against the NY Giants.

John won Week 1 of Football picks! He’s very proud of himself. 1 of many I tell him.... just 1 of many.

Here are a few pictures I gathered from this past week.

Enjoying the first season game!!

IMG_2999-2

Rachel's place for the game.
IMG_3001-3

Stephen's place for the game
IMG_3005-5

Rene was visiting with his boys to watch the game!
IMG_3009-6

Me!
IMG_3021-9

Friendswood's Game Last Friday...
IMG_3034-2

Where's Rachel?? She in the dead center - short one in the grey shirt amongst the big football players. This is her "Sports Training" gig she signed up for this year. You may need to go to Flickr and click on this picture to really see her.
IMG_3036-3

Have a Great Week!!
MA

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Next year...next year!!! Hey, John cut his hair! Like it!! Great job Stephen....and Miss Rach---gee wiz...wish I had thought of that in high school! lol! glad you are feeling better...anyone else sicko around there?