Saturday, January 8, 2011

Saturday Stuff....

So, it's January 8th and the Christmas stuff is still decorating my house. Suppose I should take it down any day now. Hmmm.... maybe tomorrow. The house always looks so vanilla once it's all down.

Made myself some pretty good low carb pancakes for breakfast this morning using Carbquik Bake Mix which is a low carb baking mix substitute for "bisquik". They looked like regular pancakes, tasted pretty good but had an off aftertaste that is somewhat characteristic of the Carbquik mix. Maybe I'll use some almond flour in it next time to try to minimize that aftertaste and a little nutmeg and see how that comes out. But, overall, they did satisfy my need for a little normal pancake breakfast with butter and SF syrup on them this morning with only 2 carbs in all of it. Hopefully, my BS liked it too.

Rachel went to her friend Lea's birthday party last night. Hard to believe these girls are 17 years old. They've been friends since they were 3 years old and we moved into the Pearland neighborhood. Since our family moved to Friendswood in 2005, they haven't seen each other every day but did maintain their friendship! Lots to catch up on over there.

Now... she's taking a practice ACT test to get ready for the real test in February. Strange to have a child planning for college. It's exciting for her and me....but it's sad for me in some ways too. I'm not ready for her to be leaving us - not sure I'll be ready then either.

John's off to coach the football game - Houston Cardinals - this evening down in West Columbia. This is the semi-pro team he and his friend, Rene having been working with this year. He was just like a kid this morning, getting all his stuff ready and then asking "What time is it?" almost every 10 minutes until the time came for him to go. LOL... funny. Glad he's enjoying it.

I'm timing Rachel... typing this, surfing the internet, planning what I'm going to do for my last two weeks of freedom before going back to work. Hmmm.... what needs to be done around here??

Later!
MA


No comments: