Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Commuting

Can I just say YUCK! Double Yuck!!
I'm typing this on my blackberry as I sit in this awful Houston commute into downtown this morning! 52 minutes is the expectation this am which is just the freeway part. Add 20-30 for getting to the freeway and then getting off and parking and I should be in my office sometime around lunch time today!!!!

Yes - I know I should not be using my blackberry while I'm driving but seriously - we're sitting perfectly still. Then we inch up a few feet and halt again. If I end u in a wreck, those of you who are just dying to say "I Told You So" have my permission to say it all day long!! I know.. I know ... Not a great model for the kids. DON'T DO THIS KIDS!! They are smarter about it then me apparently, but then, they are happily in school while I'm siting in the commute from H. E. double hockey sticks!!

I think best when driving in each morning - what else are you going to do?? I listen to my favorite radio station - KSBJ 89.3 - and think about stuff. Problem - I forget what I thought about once I hit the office. Can't call too many people this early in the am. All that is left I'd thinking!

Oh goodie - a second wreck on the freeway - now 56 min.

BillBoard Reading -

+ Texas Lottery game is at 191 Million. Drawing is tonight - can't win if you don't play! Go get a ticket or two or three. Please share with your enabler if you win!! What would you do with $191 Millions? (Hint - better hide it quick before the government decides to take 98% of it).

+Tattoo Expo - Houston May 21-23 Reliant Center. www.Bodyartexpo.com. Seriously?? I probably wouldn't be able to stop laughing from thinking about what these tattoos will look on "aged" skin?? Hey honey, that butterfly on your chest isn't going to be in the same place in a few years or even resemble its original form!! People forget these things!! Hmmm. Maybe I should skip my sister's wedding to go see this carnival show! Ha! JK!

KSBJ is talking about proper marital arguing!! Hmmmm ..... Maybe I should listen. :-) t

Later!
MA

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Brrrr....gives me the shivers just remembering my communtes from Spring Branch area to downtown Houston. I did that for 14 years.

The last year was not too bad since my employer, Bank of Texas, bought commuter vans. If I remember correctly, the van held 8 people, 7 paid $30 with the 8th being the driver. We parked our cars at a local shopping center then ride the van into town. It was great because I was NOT the driver. It sure beat the drive as well as the downtown parking fees.